Get ready for the new academic year at Springdale Academy, a Montessori Preschool in NJ, with this essential preschool supply list!
As the new school year approaches, it’s time to start the preparations with our essential preschool supply list. At Springdale Academy, the best preschool in New Jersey, we understand that back-to-school shopping can be stressful. That’s why we decided to give parents a helping hand. We have crafted a school supply list that should make the entire shopping process a lot more hassle-free and ensure a smooth transition into this new chapter for the kids and parents. Let’s get started, shall we?
- Name Labels: Name labels for their personal belongings are an essential item for preschoolers. These sticky labels help prevent mix-ups, ensuring your child’s belongings are easily identifiable. They also teach children about organization and responsibility for their belongings from a young age.
Putting your contact number on these name labels is also a good idea in case one of your child’s personal belongings makes its way to a different home, making the entire return process a breeze.
- Backpack, Lunchbox, and Reusable Water Bottles: A full-sized backpack with padded straps and ample storage is a must for any preschooler. Make sure that when you and your child are picking out backups, you let them decide on them so that their personality comes through in the colors and patterns they love.
Complement their backpack with a kid-friendly insulated lunchbox with separate compartments that keeps their meals fresh and organized and encourages healthy eating habits and independence.
To keep them hydrated throughout the day, give them a reusable water bottle that they can fill up at school when water runs out.
- Comfortable and Practical Clothing: When shopping for clothes for school, involve your preschooler as well. The key is to find a balance between comfort, practicality, and, of course, your child’s flair. Prioritize outfits that are lightweight and breathable and that the child can easily put on and take off independently. Elastic waistbands and simple closures promote self-sufficiency and confidence.
Similarly, include a pair of indoor shoes that are comfortable and easy to slip in and out, allowing your child to seamlessly transition from indoor activities to outdoor play.
Remember to pack an extra set of clothes in case accidents happen, which can be put in their clothes cubby in the classrooms so they have something at hand if the situation arises.
- Pencil, Stationery box, and Art Supplies: Creativity is at the heart of Montessori preschool education at Springdale Academy, the best preschool in NJ. Equip your child with a set of pencils, a well-stocked stationery box, and basic art supplies to fuel their imagination and self-expression.
These fundamental writing materials, along with washable crayons and markers, will let your child create without limits, while you can be at peace knowing that any mess, they create is temporary.
And how can we forget mess-free glue sticks and a whole lot of construction paper, which are perfect for hands-on craft projects and allow them to showcase their artistic temperament?
Hands-on exploration is the foundation for promoting cognitive and fine motor skill development and instilling a love for learning.
- Hygiene Supplies: Helping children embrace good hygiene habits at a young age is vital, which is why you should pack in some essential hygiene items like tissues and handkerchiefs to help them maintain their cleanliness.
A child-friendly hand sanitizer also comes in handy, promoting cleanliness on the go, while a pack of wet wipes is useful for quick clean-ups, making your child feel fresh and confident throughout the day.
- Nap time Comfort: Springdale Academy classes for preschoolers have naptime scheduled in their daily itinerary. A soft mat with a cushy pillow and a cozy blanket creates a calming naptime ritual, providing comfort and security and helping your child relax and recharge during their naptime.
- Stay Informed with Communication folders and planners: Preschools, including Springdale Academy, use communication folders to provide parents with regular updates and notes. It helps the school relay important information and gives parents a chance to become involved in their child’s education even if they are not physically present in the classrooms.
We also recommend picking up a dedicated calendar or planner so that you can maintain a record of school events, holidays, and essential dates. These simple things will help you stay organized and informed and mitigate the fear of missing out.